FL-WR FAQ Page
Q: What is your mission statement?
A:To provide a learning resource center and an intergenerational gathering place via a transitional bookmobile until a permanent library facility can be built in Waikoloa.
Q: What are your goals?
A: Our goals for this past year were:
1. Encourage use of the bookmobile by the community and provide volunteers to maintain it.
2. Acquire the resources necessary to support our community’s literary interests. (Fundraising)
3. Establish affiliations and communication networks to generate strong support for a Waikoloa Region Public Library.
4. Provide literacy programs to meet the needs of our diverse community.
5. Support goals of Friends of the Library of Hawaii by our local efforts.
Q: How can I join Friends of the Library – Waikoloa Region and how much does it cost?
A: There is a membership form under FL-WR Info, Membership. You can fill it out, then print it and mail it with a check to the address on the form, pay via PayPal on our membership page or via credit card.
Q: Are my membership dues and/or any donations tax deductible?
A: We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization so your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law and no gifts or services were provided in exchange for your contribution.
Q: Do I need to install any software to use the Membership Form?
A: To view the form you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader which is free. If you do not have Reader, you can download it from the Adobe website, just click on “Get Adobe Reader”.
Q: How can I volunteer for a project or to work in the bookmobile?
A: There are several ways to volunteer:
Q: What do I get for my membership in FL-WR?
A: That’s a great question and it has many answers. The greatest reward is the gratification from supporting public libraries and sponsoring quality services and programs. Your contribution will also help provide books and equipment and fund special library programs. We will be adding more “perks” for members as we grow. Ideas include a newsletter and a year-end dinner for members only. Email us your ideas.
Q: When are the meetings?
A: We have general meetings at least once per year. Watch this website for calendar updates.
Q: Are you ever going to get a “real” library?
A: Yes! We are using the bookmobile as a transition to a permanent library facility, but it will take everyone getting involved and showing their support. We are getting closer to a permanent library, Governor Abercrombie just released $275,000 for a site survey and study for the land donated for the library.
- Email our volunteer coordinator OR
- Fill out the “Yes, I Want to Help” side of the Membership Form and mail it to us.
If you have a question that is not answered on this page, please send us an email so we can answer it for you.